There are literally hundreds, if not thousands of amazing, stylish hotels, but we thought we’d provide you with a short list of the most amazing, four start hotels throughout the world. These hotels were chose based on their Interior Designs, their architecture, history, location and overall appeal. This is just a small sampling of some of the most amazing hotels in the world, but we feel we have represented luxury accommodations fairly with this short list of favorites.
– Il San Pietro di Positano, Campania, Italy – One of, if not the nicest hotel in the world, the Il San Pietro di Positano is consistently rated one of the top hotels year after year. The hotel itself is a work of art, consisting of 61 rooms, each with it’s own private terrace with a view of the sea. The floors are made with fine Terracotta with ceramic decoration, the doors are adorned with Frescoes and and from the terrace you have a spectacular view of the cost with its rock formations and Capri. The average rate per night for this hotel is around $800/night.
– Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris – With everything you’d expect from a prestigious, 17th-century style hotel, each room of this hotel has its own terrace, with a large bathroom, walk-in shower room and his & her sinks. The hotel also has more modern amenities such as an I-Pod docking station, TV, DVD, complimentary hotel car, taxi and more. This hotel will cost you around $1,100 a night.
– Blanket Bay, South Island, New Zealand – Set in a magnificent and beautiful location, the hotel fits into its surroundings perfectly. Built in 1999 and remodeled in 2008, Blanket Bay is a cozy, yet luxurious, lodge style hotel where you can go to get away from it all. The excellent service, excellent rooms and beautiful views really set the hotel apart making this a 5 star experience for its guests. Rooms start at around $675 per night.
– Peninsula House, Samana, Dominican Republic– The Peninsula House is one of the nicest hotels in the world, and by far the nicest hotel in the Dominican Republic. Another hotel that is a perfect place to get away, the Peninsula House is run by the owners who will redefine your conception of “guest” and will bring it up to new and higher standards. Exquisitely decorated with amazing antiques and traditional decor, you will feel like royalty in this hotel with hand stitched linens and the lightest down pillows imaginable. Expect to pay $520 per night at this luxury hotel.
– Hotel Taschenbergpalais Kempinski, Dresden – The Taschenbergpalais Kempinski is one of the most well-known luxury hotels in Germany. The hotel itself is an amazing example of baroque architecture while it melds modern style with its timeless, elegant, historic structure. Rates at this hotel range from around $237 for a standard double, to about $1,000 for the Palais Suite.